The Sterek Campaign’s First Call to Love is a Go!
Our first Call To Love is launching at the beginning of September and we are calling it COOKIES FOR STEREK in honor of this exchange:
- Who can participate:
- Everyone that wants to show Jeff Davis some love.
- What we are asking:
- Bake or purchase chocolate chip cookies for Jeff Davis.
- Take a photo of the cookies (you’re encouraged to be in the photo, or put something Sterek related in the photo).
- Post picture (on given date) with the tag #CookiesForSterek
- When should you post:
- Pictures should be posted on September 17th with the tag #CookiesForSterek
- Where to post:
- Pictures and messages should be posted to Twitter, Tumblr, LJ, and whatever other social media site you have access to with the tag #CookiesForSterek (so we can track them)
Our goal is to get the topic trending on Twitter and to be able to link the tag to Jeff at the end of the day. This is an excellent way to show our support and love, and to attach that love to Jeff and to Sterek.
You’re welcome to bake cookies for Jeff if you want to just show your support for the show in general!
Some answers for your questions:
1) You DO NOT have to bake the cookies yourself! Purchasing them works as well.
2) Cookies should be chocolate chip (Davis’ favorites) if possible, but if for some reason they can’t be (maybe you’re allergic to chocolate), other cookies are just fine! The idea is to spread the love and support behind the cookies.
3) You do not have to be IN the picture, but that is a nice touch, so Jeff can see his fans. Try to make it funny- give him a big thumbs up smile, or include your favorite Sterek picture, or a sign that says ”WE LOVE/SUPPORT STEREK” or something. Have FUN with this!
Here is a picture one of us took as an example:
And an example of a message to accompany the picture: “Cookies for Sterek, it’s a good bargain.”
4) If you CANNOT take a picture, that is ok! Add your voice to tumblr or twitter anyway, saying that you have baked or bought #CookiesforSterek. Say you wished you could bake them. Say you support it. Say SOMEthing that day, lend your voice to the tag somewhere for us.
5) A good example of a tweet would be “Sending #CookiesforSterek to @Jeffdavis75 (link to pic)” or “@Jeffdavis75 I support #CookiesforSterek”
6) if you don’t want to (or for some reason can’t) post a picture yourself, you are welcome to email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be compiling our own post of sent-in submissions and favorites on the 17th.
IMPORTANT: We want to reinforce the non-demanding nature of the Sterek Campaign project. This is, above anything else, an expression of our love and support. Yes, this campaign is about Sterek, but it is NOT about demanding Sterek so please do not ask, beg, or demand.
Our message is that because of everything the show has already done, whether Jeff Davis chooses Sterek or not, we will love and support him and his show. Because that’s what The Call To Love campaigns are about - love and support for the future.
So please, if you participate, keep this in mind. This is supposed to be fun, we want Jeff Davis to have a good time with his fanbase.
As a last note: We are working on a phase 2 of this campaign, in which people will be able to send actual cookies to Jeff via a website. Look forward to this!!
SPREAD THE WORD. REBLOG. RETWEET. PARTICIPATE. HAVE FUN.