The Sterek Campaign’s First Call to Love is a Go!
Our first call to love for the Season 3 hiatus is launching and we are once again hosting Cookies for Sterek in honor of this exchange!
We had a very successful Cookies campaign last year, with hundreds of you baking cookies and sharing the pictures!
Who can participate:
*Everyone that wants to show Jeff Davis some love.
What we are asking:
*Bake or purchase chocolate chip cookies for Jeff Davis.
*Take a photo of the cookies (you’re encouraged to be in the photo, or put something Sterek related in the photo.)
*Upload your picture to any (or all!) social media sites you use; Tumblr, Facebook, Dreamwidth, Livejournal… whatever! Tag it #CookiesForSterek or send us a link so we can add you to our gallery!
*On Sept 23rd, post a picture or a link to your picture on Twitter with the hashtag #CookiesForSterek for the trending event at 6PM EST. (Don’t use the hashtag until Sept 23rd, please.)
When should you post:
*Pictures should be posted at any time during September.
Where to post:
*Pictures and messages should be posted to Twitter, Tumblr, LJ, and whatever other social media site you have access to at any time.
*On September 23rd, post your picture or a link to your picture with the tag #CookiesForSterek. Our goal here is to get the topic trending on Twitter. This is an excellent way to show our support and love, and to attach that love to Jeff and to Sterek. You’re welcome to bake cookies for Jeff if you want to just show your support for the show in general.
Some answers for your questions:
1) You DO NOT have to bake the cookies yourself! Purchasing them works as well.
2) Cookies should be chocolate chip if possible, but if for some reason they can’t be (maybe you’re allergic to chocolate), other cookies are just fine! The idea is to spread the love and support behind the cookies.
3) You do not have to be IN the picture, but that is a nice touch, so Jeff can see his fans. Try to make it funny- give him a big thumbs up smile, or include your favorite Sterek picture, or a sign that says “STEREK!” or something. Have FUN with this!
4) We are not sending any actual cookies to Jeff this year! Just photos :)
CLICK HERE to check the gallery from last year’s event!
4) If you CANNOT take a picture, that is ok! On the trending date, add your voice to twitter anyway, saying that you have baked or bought #CookiesforSterek. Say you wished you could bake them. Say you support it. Say something that day at 6PM EST, lend your voice to the tag somewhere for us.
IMPORTANT: We want to reinforce the non-demanding nature of the Sterek Campaign project. This is, above anything else, an expression of our love and support. Yes, this campaign is about Sterek, but it is NOT about demanding Sterek so please do not ask, beg, or demand.
Our message is that because of everything the show has already done, whether Jeff Davis chooses Sterek or not, we will love and support him and his show. Because that’s what The Call To Love campaigns are about – love and support for the future.
So please, if you participate, keep this in mind. This is supposed to be fun, we want Jeff Davis to have a good time with his fanbase.
So let’s get out there, Pack, and start baking some cookies! Spread the love in the fandom, around home, to your friends, and eat some delicious cookies in honor of our creator, show, and ship!